Join Tigger as he shares his day at the Polynesian Cultural Center on the east shore of Ohau, Hawaii
The Polynesian Cultural Center was built to preserve and raise awareness for the diverse cultures and customs seen throughout the Islands of the South Pacific. Each Island Nation represents a unique group of people with their own beliefs and traditions all passed down from generation to generation for centuries. Although things may change through the years they still hold on to the values that helped to build the cultures as they are today.
At the Polynesian Cultural Center guests will experience the art, the games, the music and dance in seven different villages that each represent a unique island Nation. Walk through the village buildings that were built with painstaking detail to accurately portray how the natives lived without western influence centuries before Columbus sailed the Ocean Blue. See how they raised their families and their communities through times of war and peace and survive even to the modern day.
Children can play the games that taught agility and developed strength in the young to help them survive what could be difficult times in the life of a native islander. Hear the drums used to communicate through the jungles and from island to island. Learn the dances that tell stories of ancestors long gone but celebrated and not forgotten.
Tigger enjoyed one of his favorite days on the Super Ambassador package available at the Polynesian Cultural Center. There are several packages available to choose from but this one includes:
- Personal Tour Guide that sticks with you all day and helps find the best seats for as many shows as you can get.
- Kukui nut lei greeting. Watch for Tigger's white lei made of Kukui nuts in the video.
- An emmersive cultural experience in the island villages.
- Exclusive Canoe Ride for your party
- Souvenir booklet, DVD & CD
- A choice of the Prime Rib Buffet (Tiger's choice) or the Ali'i Luau Dinner Buffet
- Hawaiian Journey movie experience, an immersive imax presentation that will delight all your senses.
- Private backstage tour before the evening show "HA: Breath of Life"
- FRONT ROW SEATS at the show!! Prime location!
- Pineapple sherbet delight at intermission during the show. MMMmmm.... just typing this makes Tigger's mouth water!
If you are planning a trip to Honolulu or the Hawaiian island of Oahu, the Polynesian Cultural Center should not be missed!
Follow along through some of the highlights of what proved to be an exciting day of entertainment and (don't tell the kids) thrilling education about the rich cultural roots found throughout Polynesia!
Entering the Polynesian Cultural Center (00:26)
Samoa Village (00:39)
- Fire starting and fireknife stage show (02:24)
- Tree Climbing Program (05:48)
Aotearoa - New Zeland Village (07:03)
- Shaneel's Tour of the Village (07:13)
- Shaneel's Tour inside the Village hut (08:13)
Fiji - The Chief's Hut - Shaneel's Tour (10:11)
Canoe Pageant (11:00)
Tongo - Dance and Drum Presentation (20:01)
- Fun Volunteers form the Audience! (21:41)
Tahiti Village Wedding (30:13)
Hawaiian Village - Shaneel's Tour of the Cheif's Clothes (33:54)
Tigger's Canoe Ride (34:31)
Prime Rib Buffet (36:34)
Back Stage and After the show "HA: Breath of Life" (37:00)